State Bank of India(SBI) is going to conduct the common exam for the recruitment of 2986 vacancies of PO in 5 Associate Banks of SBI. Read advertisement here.
SBI PO 2014 PAPER PATTERN & SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Phase-I Examination consisting Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
The Objective Test will be online. Immediately after online Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered. Cadidates will have to answer Descriptive Test on paper/Pen mode.
(i) The Objective Test with 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50 Objective Test:
marks each (Total 200 marks) as follows:
a) Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.)
b) Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers
c) Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation
d) Test of Reasoning (High Level)
The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
(ii) The Descriptive Test with 1 hour duration (50marks) will be of “Test Descriptive Test: of English Language (comprehension, short précis, letter writing & essay)”.
The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are Placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Phase II Exam consists of Group Discussion and Interview.
Check out the Best Books for SBI PO 2014(PROBATIONARY OFFICERS) Exam:
A) English Language:
1) General English by Lucent Publications: This is by far the best book available in the market for the preparation of all entrance exams. The content in this book is written in both English and Hindi language for easy understanding. All the concepts are explained in a crystal clear and step by step manner. Hundreds of rules of English grammar are given in this book chapter wise, so you will cover each and every aspect of English language.
2) Objective General English by SP Bakshi: Another best book to prepare for Objective English. All the topics are explained in a very clear and sequential manner. But personally, I’d prefer Lucent book.
If the book is not available on Flipkart, purchase on Amazon:
B) General Intelligence and Reasoning:
1) A Modern Approach To Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal: The best and only book you need to prepare for this section. Every topic is covered in detail in this book. This book is good for high level reasoning as required in SBI PO exam.
2) The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning: A Must have Resource for Aspirants of CAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, CMAT, CSAT, SBI PO, Bank Clerk, SSC: This is another best book for high level reasoning learning and practice.
C) Data Analysis & Interpretation:
1) Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant: As this section in the SBI PO exam will be related to Data Analysis and Interpretation but for that, you need to clear your basics of mathematics. This is great book for Mathematics to improve your speed and efficiency with thousands of shortcuts. It covers all the topics with so many formulas, concepts, shortcuts, examples and thousands of questions to practice.
If book is not available on Flipkart, buy it on Amazon:
2) The Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: A Must have Resource for Aspirants of CAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, CSAT, SBI PO, Bank Clerk, SSC: This is best book available in the market for Data Analysis and Interpretation.
D) General Awareness, Marketing & Computers:
1) Handbook on Computer Awareness: This Book is really useful for Recruitment Exams such as SBI PO, IBPS PO/Clerk, SSC, LIC AAO, Railways and entrance exams of MCA, MBA, BBA and similar courses.
If this book is not available, buy this book:
2) Guide to Banking General Awareness and Banking Aptitude Test: Great book for banking awareness section. It contains more than 1,000 questions for the preparation of Banking awareness section.
3) Marketing Aptitude Test by BSC: Best book of marketing to prepare for all competitive exams.
If this book is shown “Out of stock” on the above link, try the link below.
4) IBPS CWE Specialist Officers Marketing Officer Exam Practice Work Book by Kiran Prakashan: Another good book to prepare for marketing section in SBI PO exam.
5) General Knowledge 2014: Essential ‘Knowledge Capsule’ in General Awareness and Current Affairs by Manohar Pandey(Arihant Publications) I strongly recommend this book as you can do it within a week and it covers the entire General awareness in a concise manner.
For general awareness or current affairs section, you need to read newspaper daily or like our Facebook page to get current affairs daily or follow our monthly current affairs section on this website.
E) Descriptive Section:
1) Descriptive General English by SP Bakshi: This is a great book to prepare for Descriptive/Subjective section of SBI PO exam. This book covers many essays, letters, precis, reports and much more to cover every bit of descriptive topic in a very detailed manner.
We will update this post with more new books for SBI PO preparation. Keep visiting our website.
See Also: SBI PO 2013 Cutoff – Written Exam and Interview
All the best for the exam.