Comprehensive Training programme – Project Saksham is launched by Railway minister on 14 November 2017.
Union Minister of Railways & Coal – Mr. Piyush Goyal released a comprehensive training programme named as “Project Saksham” for imparting training to all employees of Indian Railways with a view to upgrade their skill and knowledge.
QUICK BITES :
WHEN : 14 NOVEMBER 2017
FOCUS : SKILL BASED TRAINING
WHAT : COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAMME- PROJECT SAKSHAM
BY WHOM : RAILWAYS MINISTRY
BY : CABINET COMMITTEE ON ECONOMICS AFFAIRS (CCEA)
FOCUS : TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY
Highlights of the ‘Project Saksham’ are :
• Under ‘Project Saksham’, all employees in each zone will be given a week-long training in skills and knowledge relevant to their working area for over next one year.It will start in January 2018 and go on till September 2018.
• General Managers will prioritise the training need for each category of employees based on the needs of respective zone.
• Identification of training needs and formulation of planned training calendar will be completed by 31 December 2017, ensuring that each employee is imparted training with respect to the work assigned to them. Employees from rank peon to Board members will undergo the comprehensive training.
• With growing rail network, new trains, different high quality services designed by the Indian Railways, it is imperative that the railway employees undergo proper training to deliver superior and safe rail services.
• This training will either be “five-day on the job training” or “classroom training” in Railway Training Centre, depending upon the type of work assigned or nature of employment.
• The reporting managers of the employees receiving training will be actively involved in the Pre-training and Post-training process to ensure that the benefits of training get reflected on their job performance.