Life Insurance Corporation (A major government owned insurance sector company), has issued a notification for the recruitment of more than 5000 ADO (Apprentice Development Officers).
Selection will be made on the basis of on-line test followed by an Interview of candidates
who qualify in the on-line test.
On-line test will be of objective type, multiple choice of two hours duration comprising of the following sections:
I: Reasoning Ability, 25 Questions, 25 Marks
II: Numerical Ability, 25 Questions, 25 Marks
III: General Knowledge and Current Affairs, 25 Questions, 25 Marks
IV: English Language with special emphasis on Grammar and Vocabulary, 25 Questions, 25 Marks
V: Insurance and Financial Marketing Awareness with special emphasis on knowledge of Life Insurance and Financial Sector, 50 questions, 50 marks.
Check out the Best Books for LIC ADO 2015 Preparation:
A) Reasoning Ability:
1) Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey (BSC Publication): It is my personal favorite and one of the best books that is available in the market to prepare high level reasoning. All topics are explained systematically and with complete explanation and examples.
B) Numerical Ability, Data Analysis & Interpretation :
1) Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant: My personal favourite in Numerical Ability is this book, that covers all basics and shortcuts in a relative intuitive manner. Hundreds of questions are given at the end of each chapter for you to practice.
If book is not available on Flipkart, buy it on Amazon:
2) The Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: A Must have Resource for Aspirants of CAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, CSAT, SBI PO, Bank Clerk, SSC: As some questions would be based on Data analysis and interpretation, you should read this book also.
C) English Language with special emphasis on Grammar and Vocabulary:
1) General English by Lucent Publications: The best book for the preparation of English section with special emphasis on Grammar and Vocabulary. All topics are explained in English and Hindi language to give you better understanding. Plus, it is an exhaustive book which has covered even small topics in detail.
D) Insurance and Financial Marketing Awareness with special emphasis on knowledge of Life Insurance and Financial Sector:
1) Handbook on Computer Awareness: This Book is really useful for Recruitment Exams such as SBI PO exam, IBPS PO/RRB/Clerk, SSC, LIC AAO, Railways and entrance exams of MCA, MBA, BBA and similar courses.
If this book is not available, buy this book:
2) Guide to Banking General Awareness and Banking Aptitude Test: Great book for banking awareness section. It contains more than 1,000 questions for the preparation of Banking awareness section.
3) Marketing Aptitude / Computer Aptitude / General & Banking Awareness: A Must have book that covers marketing aptitude, computer knowledge and banking awareness.
For general awareness or current affairs section, you need to read newspaper daily or like our Facebook page to get current affairs daily or follow our monthly current affairs section on this website.
Bonus Book: LIC Online Exam Practice Work Book with Previous Years Solved Papers (With CD) : This book would be very useful for LIC ADO exam also with insurance related questions given in the book. You would also get CD to practice online exam.
All the best.