SBI has released the notification for huge number of vacancies as Junior Associates in Clerical Cadre in State Bank of India in various states. It is a great opportunity for all the candidates who are trying for government jobs. There are more than 10,000 vacancies in total. Read the notification here.
Preliminary Examination will be conducted tentatively in the month of May/June 2016. Click here to apply online. The last date to apply is April 25, 2015. Age limit is 28 years as on 1.4.2016 for General candidates. Age relaxation is allowed as per government norms.
The selection process will consist of on-line test (preliminary & main examinations), test of official and/or local language and subject to Government of India approval, interview.
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
1. English Language 30 Ques; 30 marks
2. Numerical Ability 35 ques; 35 marks
3. Reasoning Ability 35 ques; 35 marks
Total 100 questions and 100 marks. Composite time of one hour.
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Phase – II: Main Examination : The structure of main examination (online objective type) would be as follows :
1. General/Financial Awareness 50 questions, 50 marks, 35 minutes
2. General English 40 questions, 40 marks, 35 minutes
3. Quantitative Aptitude 50 questions, 50 marks, 45 minutes
4. Reasoning Ability: Computer Aptitude 50 questions, 60 marks, 45 minutes
Total 190 questions and 200 marks and 2 Hours 40 minutes.
Each test will have separate timing as mentioned above.
Best Books for SBI Clerk Exam 2016:
A) English Language:
1) General English by Lucent Publications: The best book for the practice and preparation of English section. All topics are explained in English and Hindi language to give you much better understanding of topics. Plus, it is an exhaustive book which has explained even small topics in detail.
B) General Intelligence and Reasoning:
1) Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey (BSC Publication): As SBI exams involves tough level of reasoning, this is the best book that is available in the market to prepare high level reasoning. All topics are explained systematically and with complete explanation and examples.
C) Quantitative Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation :
1) Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant: My personal favourite in Maths that covers all basics and shortcuts in a relative intuitive manner. Hundreds of questions are given at the end of each chapter for you to practice. In Maths section, all you need is speed and that will come with practice- lots of practice.
If this book is not available on Flipkart, buy it on Amazon:
2) The Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: Some of the questions will be based on data interpretation., this is best book available in the market for Data Analysis and Interpretation.
D) General Awareness, Marketing & Computers:
1) Handbook on Computer Awareness: This Book is really useful for Recruitment Exams such as SBI clerk, IBPS PO exam, IBPS PO/RRB/Clerk, SSC, LIC AAO, Railways and entrance exams of MCA, MBA, BBA and similar courses.
If this book is not available, buy this book:
2) Guide to Banking General Awareness and Banking Aptitude Test: Great book for banking awareness section. It contains more than 1,000 questions for the preparation of Banking awareness section.
3) Marketing Aptitude / Computer Aptitude / General & Banking Awareness for RBI Exams: A Must have book that covers marketing aptitude, computer knowledge and banking awareness.
For general awareness or current affairs section, you should read newspaper daily or like our Facebook page to get current affairs daily or follow our monthly current affairs section on this website.
All the best.
For SBI Clerk 2016 interview, visit this link.