SSC is conducting the recruitment exam for various posts in Cabinet Secretariat such as Deputy Field Officer(GD & Tele), Stenographer, Research Officer, Personal Assistant, etc. on June 17, 2013. This is a three tier selection recruitment where the first exam is objective, second is descriptive and third is interview. Final selection would be based on total of all these three exams. Read more about this Cabinet Secretariat recruitment here.
You can find more about paper pattern of all these posts in this notification PDF here.
Check out the best books for SSC Cabinet Secretariat Exam 2013:
As the first(Tier 1) exam is objective based, its pattern is almost similar to any other SSC exam such as CGL, FCI, etc. There would be four sections(except in Stenographer and Personal assistant) viz. English, Reasoning, Maths and General Awareness. In PA and stenographer exam, there would be only two sections viz. General English and General Awareness. Read more about the pattern in the PDF given above.
1) English Language & Comprehension by Kiran Prakashan: Good book for all these posts for preparation of objective English.
2) Descriptive General English by Arihant Publications: One of the best book for preparation of descriptive English for exams such as SSC, UPSC, IBPS, etc.
3) Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal One of the best book for quantitative and Numerical Aptitude.
4) A Modern Approach To Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal: The best book for preparation of verbal and non-verbal reasoning for preparation of all competitive exams.
5) Lucent’s General Knowledge 3rd Edition: The best book to prepare for General awareness section. If you want GK section in precise form, check out the Manohar Pandey and Arihant’s book given below.
6) Books designed specially for Cabinet Secretariat Exam 2013: Check out the books by GK Publications, Kiran Publications and RPH Editorial board specially designed as per the pattern of various posts of Cabinet Secretariat exam 2013.
a) Cabinet Secretariat Exam Guide (TIER-I):
b) SSC Staff Selection Commission Recruitment Examination Tier-1 in Cabinet Secretariat: Grade ‘B'(Research Officer, Deputy Field Officer(Tele and GD) Including Practice Paper:
c) SSC Cabinet Secretariat Stenographer Group C & Personal Assistant Exam Practice Work Book:
You can check more books for SSC Exams here.